Who it serves: The program accepts people with memory challenges such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinsons disease, as well as others in need of 24-hour, at-home care. The program provides caregivers with a much needed break and access to additional resources, to support them in their role of full-time caregiving.
Time, day: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., most Thursdays.
Place: Camano Center, 606 Arrowhead Rd., Camano Island
Cost: $60 per day, or $15 per hour. Scholarships may be available when funds are available. Inquire for details.
Additional cost: $5 for a catered lunch. Transportation is not provided, but Island County Transit does connect, at start- and end-times, for the Adult Day Program.
Donors: Please contact the Camano Center if you are interested in donating funds to the Adult Day Program which provides respite for caregivers and socialization for their loved ones.
Benefits of the program include:
- Enhanced quality of life for both caregivers and care receivers.
- Structured programming that includes mental stimulation, physical exercise, and engaging activities.
- Social interaction, and a chance for caregivers to connect with one another.
- Professional team-guidance that includes a diverse and complementary array of backgrounds in health-care, dementia-care, events-programming, and exercise science.
- Empathetic and respectful staff, striving to always prioritize the comfort and dignity of participants and caregivers.
Click here to view the Adult Day Brochure
For more information call Karen Conway at 360.387.0222 or email her at email@example.com