Who it serves: The program accepts people with dementia-provoking ailments such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinsons disease, as well as others in need of 24-hour, at-home care. The program provides caregivers with respite-time and access to additional resources, to support them in their role of full-time caregiving.
Time, day: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., most Thursdays.
Place: Camano Center, 606 Arrowhead Rd., Camano Island
Cost: $60 per day, or $15 per hour. Scholarships may be available. Inquire for details.
Additional cost: $5 for a catered lunch. Transportation is not provided, but Island County Transit does connect, at start- and end-times, for the Adult Day Program.
Donors: Please contact the Camano Center if you are interested in donating funds, to fund scholarships for the Adult Day Program. Scholarships will provide access to the program, for those who cannot fit an additional $120 to $140 per month, into the household budget. Many caregivers do not have the type of insurance-coverage that pays for adult day-care; and with the full-time job of caregiving, some also are employed outside of the home. Assistance through scholarship options is highly valuable, providing respite for caregivers and socialization for their loved ones.
Benefits of the program include:
- Enhanced quality of life for both caregivers and care receivers.
- Structured programming that includes mental stimulation, physical exercise, and engaging activities.
- Social interaction, and a chance for caregivers to connect with one another.
- Professional team-guidance that includes a diverse and complementary array of backgrounds in health-care, dementia-care, events-programming, and exercise science.
- Empathetic and respectful staff, striving to always prioritize the comfort and dignity of participants and caregivers.
Click here to view the Adult Day Brochure
For more information call Ginny Berube at (360) 387-6201.