Camano Senior Services Association welcomes donations. All donations either go directly into paying for services and programs for the Camano Center, go to the Building Fund to pay for the upcoming Second Chance Thrift Shop expansion, or go into the Endowment Fund. CSSA is a 501c3 non-profit corporation. Donations are tax-deductable to the extent provided by the law.
- The Building Fund receives gifts to help pay for the upcoming expansion to the Second Chance Thrift Shop. A donation of $200 or more entitles the donor to a memorial tile to be placed on our Memorial Tile Garden Wall in the Center’s amphitheatre. A memorial tile form must be filled out to order tiles.
- The Endowment Fund receives gifts that are held permanently in order to generate interest income, which is used to support programs and services provided at the Camano Center.
- The General Fund receives gifts that are used in direct support of programs and services also available at the Camano Center.
- Gifts to any of these funds can be made by cash, check, or credit card. CSSA would also welcome gifts of marketable stocks or mutual funds. Another way to support the Camano Center is by planned giving through your estate including such options as bequests, charitable gift annuities, donor advised funds, gifts of life insurance, or real property.
- The Camano Center features approximately 14 Special Events per year. The Center welcomes Corporate or Individual Sponsorship of any of these events.
In Kind Contributions
- Camano Senior Services Association welcomes in kind donations both at the Camano Center and the Second Chance Thrift Shop. In kind donations can be either a service or a product that would benefit CSSA.
2nd Chance Thrift Shop Tangible Donations
- The Thrift Shop Gratefully Accepts: CLEAN CLOTHING IN GOOD CONDITION, HOUSEHOLD ITEMS (kitchen, bath, etc.), FURNITURE IN GOOD CONDITION, MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS, RADIO/RECORD PLAYERS, FRAMED PICTURES, OFFICE SUPPLIES, CLEAN LINENS, ANTIQUES, BOOKS, TOOLS, LAMPS, SHOES, TOYS. IF IN DOUBT, PLEASE ASK!
- The Thrift Shop Can Not Accept: CONSOLE T.V.S, TORN/SOILED CLOTHING, SKIS AND SKI BOOTS, WHEELS AND TIRES, BOWLING BALLS, BABY CAR SEATS, CRIBS, BROKEN ITEMS, MATTRESSES, HIDE-A-BEDS, LARGE APPLIANCES, AND COMPUTERS.
- DONATIONS ARE WELCOME ON TUESDAYS, THURSDAYS, AND SATURDAYS 10-3pm.
- Acceptance of donations is subject to availability of space.
- Each trip to the dump costs us money and reduces the resources available for our vital programs. Only good, clean, operable items in saleable condition can be accepted. All items of this nature are greatly appreciated.
- For more information call the Second Chance Thrift Shop at (360) 629-6142.
An Easy Way to Support the Camano Center
Shop at AmazonSmile and Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase price to the Camano Center, at no additional cost to you! The same products and prices are available on AmazonSmile as on Amazon.
Here’s how it works;
- Go to smile.amazon.com.
- Log in with your Amazon username and password.
- Search for and select “Camano Senior Services Association”.
- Shop as you normally would on Amazon.
It’s that easy!
Thank you for your support!